EUGENE, Ore. -- A local food bank held a fundraiser at Hop Valley Brewing in Eugene on Saturday, called the "Hops for Hounds Dogapalooza!"
It's to raise money for Food for Lane County's Kibbles on Wheels program. It's a service they offer to their Meals on Wheels clients who have pets.
At the event, there were several booths and a live band. A dollar from every pint sold at Hop Valley was donated to the program, and the brewery even launched a new beer to celebrate the fundraiser, called "Ankle Biter."
Organizers of Kibbles on Wheels said they started this program about a year ago, because they saw a big need for it.
If you couldn't make to the fundraiser but would still like to help, you can make a donation to Kibble on Wheels at Food for Lane County.
- Large crowd attends pet food drive at Hop Valley
- Crews prepare for large crowds at Lane County Fair
- Veterans attend third-annual Vets and their Pets event
- FISH Food Pantry will hold a food drive this Saturday
- 37th annual Governor's Food Drive begins
- Iconic Roseburg drive-in opens food truck
- Local CBD shops happy about CVS hopping on the bandwagon
- Duck Store warehouse sale draws a crowd
- Oregon Country Fair to attract record crowds
- Umpqua Valley wineries, food bank partner for 'Pouring Generosity'