EUGENE, Ore. -- Overnight paving on the beltline begins Sunday night, and is scheduled to last through Thursday night. ODOT officials said there will be West and East bound lane closures during the project.
The paving is scheduled to take place from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
Crews will start at the eastbound Northwest Expressway/Prairie Road exit. A single lane, westbound lane closure will be in effect from River Road through Northwest Expressway (mileposts 7.06 – 8.46). The westbound off-ramp to Northwest Expressway will be closed for worker safety and traffic will be detoured to other ramps.
"If you have the opportunity, go at a different time...plan your trips," said Angela Beers-Seydal, a spokesperson with ODOT. "You know where you are, where you're going and when you get there. Give yourself extra time. Take a different route. Take a different way of getting there. We're all in this together and we're going to enjoy the results."
Seydel said there will be lane closure signs on the road, but recommends checking TripCheck.com to know what to expect before hitting the beltline during these hours.
According to officials, crews will start with paving the shoulders of the beltline. They will also pave roadways and on and off ramps for the next several weeks. That paving will begin on River Road and Prairie Road.
Starting next weekend, sections of the beltline will be closed during weekends for five weeks to finish these projects, according to officials.
This is all part of a $9.5 million dollar project that aims to make the beltline safer for drivers.
ODOT crews are scheduled to complete projects on the beltline until October.
For more information about upcoming projects, please visit ODOT's website.
Seydel said it's important to follow detour signs, slow down for work crews and "know before you go" by checking Trip Check.
- ODOT: Delays expected as work begins on the beltline Sunday night
- ODOT holds open house on Beltline projects
- ODOT crews working on Beltline next five weekends
- Rollover crash on Beltline causes traffic delays
- Special Report: Rebuilding Beltline
- Beltline reopens after 6-vehicle crash
- ODOT project to begin soon on Roseburg bridge
- Traffic Alert: Delta Highway, Beltline ramp closures
- All lanes open after crash on Beltline
- Fires burning along Beltline in Eugene