BREAKING NEWS OHA: 332 new coronavirus cases, 2 deaths Full Story

Lane County snowstorm damage tops $17 million

Most of the damage was to utility companies, which reported more than $14 million in total damages.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 8:50 AM
Updated: Apr 25, 2019 6:46 PM

EUGENE, Ore. – The late February snowstorm caused more than $17 million in damage to Lane County’s infrastructure, the county reported Thursday.

Most of the damage was to utility companies, which reported more than $14 million in total damages. Debris removal made up another $2.3 million in reported damages, followed by nearly $500,000 for emergency protective measures.

“We weren’t surprised to see that Lane County reported the most widespread damage to infrastructure due to the snowstorm,” said Lane County Emergency Manager Patence Winningham. “Our utilities and roads were particularly affected and required an incredible amount of repair and recovery work.”

Lane County agencies reported a total of $17,339,039 in public infrastructure damages caused by the February snowstorm. That amount does not include damages to the Oregon Department of Transportation infrastructure, which incurred significant damage along Highway 58.

The request for financial reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency has been forwarded to the federal government by the State of Oregon. Reimbursement will only occur if approved by the president. If approved, financial reimbursement would cover 75 percent of the total cost, with the remaining 25 percent the responsibility of each agency.

The reported damage to primary residences and businesses did not meet the minimum threshold for financial assistance to individuals.

Statewide the total reported damage to public infrastructure was $30,028,943. Douglas County, also hard hit by the storm, reported $11.1 million in damages.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 11851

Reported Deaths: 232
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah282472
Marion183153
Washington181520
Umatilla9877
Clackamas95527
Union3692
Lincoln3615
Malheur3021
Lane2943
Deschutes2520
Yamhill1949
Jackson1780
Linn17410
Polk17312
Jefferson1630
Morrow1381
Klamath1351
Wasco1161
Benton1126
Hood River1040
Douglas600
Josephine571
Clatsop550
Coos540
Columbia480
Lake240
Crook181
Tillamook160
Wallowa140
Baker110
Curry90
Sherman40
Harney20
Gilliam10
Grant10
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Broken Clouds
80° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 80°
Corvallis
Overcast
79° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 80°
Roseburg
Few Clouds
80° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 80°
North Bend
Clear
67° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 67°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events