LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- Lane County residents have been receiving false letters stating their property is at risk.
The letter is a fake notice of warrant and tax lien. It claims the property seizure is imminent, and it includes a non-local number to call.
Here are some red flags to lookout for if you receive a suspicious letter:
- A full agency name is not provided
- There isn't an agency address
- There's a generic logo on the letter
- Lane County doesn't have an "Office of Lien Filings"
- Letter scam targeting Lane County residents
- New scam targets restaurants in Benton County
- EPUD customers targeted by scam
- Expedia impostor scam targeting travelers across U.S.
- New scam in Douglas County targeting school employees
- Workshop to target food waste in Lane County
- Douglas Co. deputies alert residents of scam
- Union calls for investigation into South Lane superintendent, anonymous letter
- Seasonal scams target bank accounts and heart strings
- Phishing scam targeting homebuyers in Oregon and beyond