EUGENE, Ore. – Lane County reported the ninth coronavirus-related death on Monday.
Officials said an 89-year-old man from the Eugene-Springfield area died Saturday night.
The man had previously been hospitalized from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2.
No additional information will be released at this time.
Lane County Public Health said their condolences go out to the man’s friends and family.
- March 14: A 60-year-old woman dies at RiverBend Hospital, the first COVID-19 death in Lane County.
- April 23: A 59-year-old man from the Eugene-Springfield area dies at a hospital.
- May 4: A 62-year-old man from rural Lane County dies of coronavirus-related causes.
- Aug. 12: A woman in her 70s dies from coroanvirus-related causes at McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center.
- Aug. 19: A 79-year-old man from outside the Eugene-Springfield area dies.
- Aug. 26: An 86-year-old man from the Eugene-Springfield area dies, the sixth death in the county.
- Sept. 2: An 82-year-old man from the Eugene-Springfield area dies.
- Sept. 4: A 78-year-old woman dies from coronavirus-related causes. The woman was not hospitalized before her death.
- Sept. 5: An 89-year-old man dies after being hospitalized from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2.