OAKRIDGE, Ore. -- Highway 58 is closed because of a landslide about eight miles west of Oakridge near milepost 28.
The Oregon Department of Transportation reports that the road is closed on the west side at Lowell and on the east side at Crescent Junction.
Crews said the slide is unstable and material continues to come down. The road is expected to be closed at least overnight.
They're asking travelers to avoid the area and to expect an extended closure.
Crews said local residents will be allowed past the road closures but said all truck traffic is detoured. They also wanted to note that many back and side roads remain snow covered and are not passable.
Check TripCheck.com for current conditions.
- LaDuke Road (closed)
- Big Fall Creek at milepost 7 (passable)
- Winberry at milepost 2.5 & 3.7 (passable)
- Sweet Creek Road at milepost 4.5 (passable)
- Landslide closes Highway 58 near Oakridge
- Crews work to clear landslides from Highway 58
- Highway 58 opens as crews continue to clear landslide debris
- Child killed in two-vehicle crash on Highway 58 near Oakridge
- ODOT allows drivers on Highway 58 to get to and from Oakridge
- Highway 58 opens as crews continue clearing roads
- Eugene man dies in two-vehicle crash on Highway 58
- Eugene man dies in crash on Highway 58
- Oakridge Household Hazardous Waste Roundup
- Community reacts to Oakridge murders