SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A landlord's quick thinking may have saved a home from burning down on River Road in Springfield on Saturday.
Mark Dillon spotted smoke coming from next door and went over to check it out. What he saw turned out to be an attic fire. Firefighters said it was an electrical fire.
Twenty-five firefighters responded and put the fire out before it spread.
Dillon told KEZI he thought it was just a barbecue.
"I was working in front of the house and I saw some smoke drifting kind of over the Boulevard a little bit of smoke...and I came over here to look and see who might be having a fire... expecting a barbecue or something like that...then I realized it wasn't from any of the places that I thought it might be coming from," said Dillon.
Firefighters said the family was lucky this happened during they day. Had it happened at night, they say it's likely nobody would have seen the smoke.
- Landlord’s quick thinking saves home
- Portland makes landlord moving cost rule permanent
- Portland jury issues $20 million verdict against landlord
- Process to replace Kruse will be quick
- Portland City Council to consider saving mobile home park
- DA aims for quick but thorough investigation into fatal Springfield shooting
- Pantone thinks this color will be your shade in 2019
- Barr says 'I think spying did occur' on Trump campaign
- AARP launches Oregon Saves program
- Saving Santiam Pass Ski Lodge