EUGENE, Ore. -- The Lane Transit District is proposing changes to the popular Autzen Express.
LTD has suggested raising the price to $5 per person round trip. The current price is $3.50. The change would apply to all riders, including those with LTD passes.
They're also considering starting the service three hours before home games starts, instead of four.
LTD spokesman Edward McGlone says the proposed changes come after the board of directors decided they don't want taxpayers to subsidize the service. McGlone also said data found few riders were showing up to the game four hours ahead of time.
"The full cost of the service is little over $300,000 dollars a year," McGlone said. "We get about $100,000 in fare revue currently and so the board of directors said they did not want the district to spend $200,000 dollars a year to subsidize the bus service."
Duck fan Ashlie Witten said she's used the Autzen Express before and loved the convenience. She believes the changes seem fair.
"I do believe it's the right thing," Witten said. "If we're going to the Duck game, we all know it's an expenditure, so I think the extra $1.50 would help and keep the bus going because I like the Autzen Express."
The changes aren't set in stone yet. A public comment period is open until Aug. 15 when the board of directors makes a decision. You can make your voice heard by calling LTD, sending them an email, or visiting their website.
- LTD proposes changes for Autzen Express
- Tailgating changes at Autzen
- First responders prepare for concert at Autzen
- New Autzen Stadium policies could challenge businesses
- Rideshare drivers say Autzen isn't user friendly
- Police: Shooting near Autzen Stadium was drug related
- Law enforcement agencies train for emergencies at Autzen Stadium
- Changes coming to Autzen Stadium for upcoming football season
- 2019 Eugene Marathon will start and end at Autzen
- Fans can expect changes at Autzen Stadium Saturday