EUGENE, Ore. -- LTD held their annual bus 'roadeo' competition Sunday.
It's a day where bus operators get to come out on a weekend and test their skills in a competition between one another.
The winner gets to advance to the international competition.
They compete in driving, maintenance and other skills to see who has what it takes to move on to the next round.
Assistant general manager Mark Johnson says it is an event for the employees to come together and have fun while also showing off their skills.
"I think it really brings a sense of community to the organization," said Johnson. "It's a time where usually everyone is out driving buses or doing their own thing, but it's a time where can come together, have fun, have a great day, get all the employees participating -- and it's just fun."
The winner of the days' event will move on to the international competition in San Antonio, Texas where they will have the opportunity to compete with different transit organizations from all over the world.
- LTD holds bus 'roadeo' competition
- Local rodeo star stuns at national competition
- Thousands attend 23rd annual K9 competition
- Special Olympics Oregon cancels State Games competition
- Special Olympian bowlers enjoy regional competition
- Springfield Police hosts 26th annual K9 competition
- LTD proposes bus route changes
- OSU Robotics Club wins international Mars rover competition
- 2 stabbed on Greyhound bus in Oregon
- Driver attacked on Greyhound bus still recovering