EUGENE, Ore. -- KindTree is hosting Autism Rocks Sunday to bring community awareness to the autism spectrum while celebrating what those on the spectrum in our community excel in.
The organization is in its 22nd year, but this is the first event like this they are hosting.
Tim Mueller with the foundation says that this event is about showing the similarities we all have.
The event will happen Sunday from 1-5pm at Very Little Theater.
"You'll see that and you'll go that's a person with autism and you'll think I wonder what special skill they'll grow up with. what contribution will they make to our community that's unexpected?" said Mueller.
The entire community is invited and all the donation proceeds go to camp scholarships for "Autism Rocks."
- KindTree hosts "Autism Rocks" event
- Lane County Sheriff's Office hosts hiring event
- Despite cancellation, Special Olympics program hosts own event
- Nonprofit hosts boating event for people with disabilities
- Mountain Rose Herbs hosting recycling event in Eugene
- Eugene nonprofit hosts event to showcase rescue horses
- WellMama to host second annual Climb Out of the Darkness event
- K-9 Unleashed event happening Sunday
- Events planned for Memorial Day
- Local 9/11 memorial events scheduled