EUGENE, Ore. -- Dylan Stasack won the KEZIdol contest back in September, and he was set to fly out to Los Angeles on Wednesday, Nov. 7.
KEZI 9 News viewers voted for Stasack to win the prize -- roundtrip airfare for two, hotel accommodations and the experience of a lifetime.
Once in Los Angeles, he will meet with American Idol producers to try and earn a golden ticket to Hollywood.
Stasack said that he’s trying to stay realistic about the audition, but at times he does wonder, “What if?”
"Am I going to look okay on camera? Am I going to sound okay? I'm curious to see what it's like behind the camera. So that's going to be interesting to see what that environment is like,” Stasack said.
KEZI 9 News will continue to follow his journey.
- KEZIdol winner heads to Los Angeles for audition
- Meet the KEZIdol finalists: Emily Hunt
- Meet the KEZIdol finalists: McKayla Marie
- Meet the KEZIdol finalists: Dylan Stasack
- Meet the KEZIdol finalists: Emmi Coakley
- Meet the KEZIdol finalists: Isaac Barrager
- Gurley, Rams throttle Seattle in Los Angeles
- Biking from Seattle to Los Angeles for a cause
- Foster care audit highlights agency problems