Photo Gallery 2 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A wanted man is in custody after Grim, a K-9 dog, successfully tracked him down.
At about 1:30 a.m., Roseburg police were investigating a stolen vehicle on Garden Valley Road. When they approached the individuals near the vehicle, one man took off on foot.
Several officers and deputies responded to search for the man, including Grim. After a brief search, Grim located the suspect in a dumpster at a nearby business. The suspect, 25-year-old Ronnie Theodore Meyer III, 25, of Crescent City, California, was taken into custody and lodged in the Douglas County Jail.
Grim is a 6 1/2-year-old German shepherd who has been with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office since June 2013. Grim was purchased for the department by an anonymous benefactor.
- K-9 dog sniffs out suspect in Roseburg
- K-9 Grim sniffs out suspects in Douglas County
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search
- K-9 units sniff out accused armed thief in Eugene field
- Police dog helps capture Roseburg drug suspect
- Burglary suspect arrested in Roseburg
- K-9 captures hidden suspect near Cottage Grove
- Teen burglary suspect captured after Roseburg crash
- K-9 Unleashed event happening Sunday
- Roseburg VA director resigns