JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- Students in Junction City received a big honor on Wednesday.
They won first place in the school product design challenge with a bike-powered compost turner.
BRING Recycling challenged teams of students to use recycled materials to enhance their classrooms, schools and school gardens. They could make desks, work benches, cabinets, planter boxes or anything they could think of.
The Green Team at Territorial Elementary School learned about waste reduction with a fun, hands-on activity.
“The kids were amazing,” Green School Coordinator Sandy Tedrick said. “They had the best ideas, from a carrot conveyor belt to a rain catchment system to fairy gardens to sink gardens.”
Tedrick said they settled on the bike-powered compost turner. She said they were so proud to win today because they worked so hard.
- Junction City students win BRING Recycling challenge
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Ophelia's Place brings their services to Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- 2018 Scandinavian festival coming to Junction City
- Junction City Firefighter's sell "Aebleskivers" during Festival
- Blitzing the Preseason: Junction City Tigers
- Junction City man sentenced for abusing cats