JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- A Junction City man who abused and tortured cats has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and three years on probation.
Nathaniel Chantland, 23, pleaded guilty to the charges earlier this month.
Chantland is not allowed to have or be around any domestic animals for 15 years, and he has to continue mental health treatment.
Police arrested Chantland at his home in July after they said they found a tortured cat named Raven. She was rescued and is recovering.
Police said he abused two other cats over the course of three years.
- Junction City man sentenced for abusing cats
- Junction City man accused of sexually abusing foster child
- Junction City man accused of abusing, torturing 3 kittens
- Junction City man arrested on fugitive charges
- Woman charged in Junction City child abuse case
- Junction City man arrested in Oklahoma for Oregon sex abuse allegations
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident