JUNCTION CITY, Ore. – A Junction City man is accused of abusing three kittens over two and a half years.
Police arrested Nathaniel Lee Chantland, 22, on Thursday, after being called to his home for a report of animal abuse.
Investigators said Chantland cruelly abused and tortured Raven, a year-old cat. They said he also abused a 5-week-old kitten named Rosy about a year ago and abused and tortured a kitten named Snowball two and a half years ago.
Raven was taken to a veterinarian minutes after police arrived at his home. She underwent surgery Friday for injuries.
Police said Raven is now in stable condition and is expected to fully recover. She is in custody of police.
Officers said they are investigating what happened to the other kittens.
Chantland was charged with two counts of animal abuse in court on Friday. Prosecutors are asking for a longer sentence because they said he has persistently abused animals.
He will be back in court August 13.
- Junction City man accused of abusing, torturing 3 kittens
- Junction City man accused of sexually abusing foster child
- Junction City man sentenced for abusing cats
- Junction City man arrested in Oklahoma for Oregon sex abuse allegations
- Man rescues kitten glued to busy road
- Deputies arrest man accused of stealing from four Junction City weddings
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident