JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- The Junction City School District is looking into an Instagram account because of claims of harassment towards students.
It was taken down early Thursday evening, but the investigation continues.
The Instagram was called JCHS Straight Alliance, which brought harassment claims to the attention of high school administrators.
Co-principal Brian Young said it appears that some students were directly targeted by the Instagram account creator.
Young wants all students and parents to know that their school is a safe place for everyone.
"The bottom-line for us is student freedom of expression is allowable until it creates a material and substantial disruption to the learning environment," Young said. "For us, we're all about making sure our students are safe and supported."
Young said when the Instagram account was brought to their attention, many students were upset by the account and administrators want to make sure all students are taken care of.
- Junction City School District investigating 'Straight Alliance' Instagram account
- Investigation continues into Junction City Instagram page
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- Police investigate car fire in Junction City
- Junction City School District drops new music video for snow day
- Possible hate crime being investigated in Junction City
- No threat found at Junction City school, police say
- Junction City police chief defends actions after school lockdown criticism
- Threat written on bathroom wall at Junction City school
- Family survives house fire in Junction City