EUGENE, Ore -- The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art is inviting families to its "Exploring Art Through the Senses" family day.
Family day is free and will be filled with art activities for children of all ages and each activity will highlight one of the five senses. Art making activities include watercolor painting and making textured maps, tissue paper sun catchers, and pop-up cards. The Imagination International's Artie the Art Bus will also be on site for families to create additional art projects.
"Exploring Art Through the Senses" is Saturday, May 19, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
The schedule of events is as follows:
12 p.m – 3 p.m.
Tissue paper sun catchers
Pop up cards
Creating texture with Copic Markers on Artie the Art Bus
12:30 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. Story Time with Cynthia Olsen, Eugene Public Library
1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Dragon Puppet Theater performs The Tiger and the Monk
1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Museum Highlights Tour
2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. Ballet Fantastique performs Fantastical Fairy Tales
Debbie Williamson Smith, JSMA Communications Manager, joined anchor Sean Cuellar on KEZI 9 News Midday with a preview of some of the art activities.
- JSMA hosts free family day
- Local Martial Arts studio hosts free women self-defense seminar
- Hamlin Middle School hosts career day
- Lane Bloodworks hosts Labor Day blood drive
- Parenting Now hosts annual Mother's Day 5K run
- Parenting Now! hosts 3rd annual Mother's Day 5K
- OSU host scouts and referees at fall camp day 12
- Free herbalism workshop held Sunday
- Family honors former Winston-Dillard fire captain this Labor Day
- Depressed teen's guns didn't raise red flags for host family of Florida shooter