JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- School administrators at Junction City said their students are becoming fed-up with the Instagram account that's allegedly targeting LGBTQ students.
Despite all of that, one of the principals at Junction City High School said he's proud of the way his students have been handling themselves.
The Instagram account JCHS Straight Alliance resurfaced late Thursday night -- the third time this account has been made in as many days.
Though students are frustrated by this ongoing incident, Junction City Co-Principal Brian Young said on Friday, students handled themselves and others with respect.
"Students, in general, saying this is not acceptable at Junction City," Young said. "It's not what we're about as a community, and doing everything possible to put an end to this."
Young said students demonstrating their particular views were walking alongside each other in the hallways without any issues.
He also said other students have come forward, trying to help administrators identify the person or people behind the Instagram account.
While the school district is working on their investigation into the alleged harassment, Young asks parents to step in and help out as well.
"We want to really work with our parents to monitor social media activity, make sure we're paying attention to what our kids are doing online," Young said. "We're going to put an end to this as a community in Junction City."
Young said even if this account were to be removed and never to resurface again, they still want to find out who is behind this account and hold them responsible for their actions.
- Investigation continues into Junction City Instagram page
- Junction City School District investigating 'Straight Alliance' Instagram account
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- Police investigate car fire in Junction City
- Possible hate crime being investigated in Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- 2018 Scandinavian festival coming to Junction City
- Junction City Firefighter's sell "Aebleskivers" during Festival