MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say a Medford man who was incarcerated at an eastern Oregon prison died Friday at a nearby hospital.
The Mail Tribune reports 53-year-old Darrick William Roberts died near the Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario.
Oregon Department of Corrections officials announced his death Wednesday.
Officials did not disclose the cause of death. They said that as is standard, Oregon State Police were notified and a medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
Roberts' earliest release date was November 2021.
He entered Oregon Department of Corrections custody in late September and had been sentenced in a felony driving under the influence of intoxicants case earlier that month.
- Inmate from Medford dies in hospital near eastern Oregon prison
- Judge: Oregon prison must give transgender inmate new cell
- Umatilla sheriff investigating Eastern Oregon cattle deaths
- PHOTO GALLERY: Oregon defeats Eastern Washington
- Oregon man dies at minimum-security prison in Salem
- Man killed in eastern Oregon while checking tire pressure
- Ranchers in eastern Oregon to try new strategy with wolves
- Linn County inmate dies in apparent suicide
- Inmate found dead in Oregon State Penitentiary
- Transgender inmate allowed to transfer to women's prison