LANE COUNTY, Ore. – An injured hiker was rescued Wednesday night after a rock fell on him when he went off trail to hike The Husband.
Deschutes County Dispatch received the call from the family of hiker Cory Mills, 34, of Happy Valley Wednesday just after 12:30 p.m.
The family member told dispatchers that Mills had left them a message that he had gone off trail but a rock had fallen on him, causing injuries.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office was contacted to help coordinate the rescue.
LCSO sent in two ground search and rescue teams.
Deschutes County Sheriff's Office SAR found Mills just before 10 p.m. Wednesday on the Pacific Crest Trail in Lane County about 4.5 miles from the Devil's Lake trailhead.
- Injured hiker rescued in Lane County
- Lane County Sheriff's Office locates missing hiker
- Coast Guard rescues hiker off cliff
- Rescue operation underway after missing hiker found
- Coast Guard assists injured hiker in Coos County
- Hiker lost in deep snow rescued east of Diamond Lake
- Lost Pacific Crest Trail hiker rescued in snowstorm
- Nearly 100 dogs rescued from Lane County home
- Flooding leads to water rescues in Lane County
- Lane County Search and Rescue looking for new Youth Explorers