COBURG, Ore. – Olives are a symbol of wisdom, peace, and abundance, and they can grow right here in Oregon.
Olive trees prefer full sun, in a south or west facing area, and along an incline where the water can drain away. They are evergreen and put on their fruit, also called olives, in the fall. You can start to harvest the fruit once they turn from a green color to a brownish-purple color.
Interested in olives? You can find out more at Johnson Brothers Garden Market.
- In The Garden: Oregon olives bring a flavorful fall
- In The Garden: Fall Favorites
- In The Garden: Prepping your garden for fall
- In The Garden: All about fall
- In The Garden: Powerhouse plants for fall
- Oregon Undersea Gardens closing after 46 years
- Court issues temporary stay on flavored vaping ban in Oregon
- Court blocks flavored cannabis vape ban in Oregon
- Tickets on sale for BRING's Home & Garden Tour
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"