EUGENE, Ore. – A great way to choose plants for a garden is to first choose a theme. A Japanese-inspired garden works great in Oregon because our climates are so similar.
“A Japanese-themed garden is not a showy garden, in the sense of a lot of flowers, so we are putting plants that have different colors and leaf textures so your eyes kind of wander throughout. So, giving your eyes the chance to kind of wander and explore with the different textures,” said owner Caleb Johnson, Johnson Brothers Garden Market.
You can find all of the plants at Johnson Brothers Garden Market.
- In The Garden: Japanese-Themed Garden
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends
- In The Garden: Creating a Mediterranean garden
- In The Garden: Hydrangeas
- In The Garden: Tips to get your garden ready
- In The Garden: Adding 'living coral' to you garden
- In The Garden: Prepping your garden for fall
- In The Garden: Filberts 101