EUGENE, Ore. -- A Mediterranean garden is perfect for our dry, hot summers and rainy winters in Western Oregon. Here's some tips how to create one of your own.
"In a Mediterranean garden you want some structure greens like box woods, and black leaf privets. Olive trees and Cyprus trees for some structure and green. And then you can just layer in lots of fun color like lavender, salvias, Agastache, and some fun plants like this pomegranate, blue fescue, lots of just different colors and textures mixed in with your evergreen plants," said Caleb Johnson, Johnson Brothers Garden Market.
The garden changes throughout the year. Some times it is full of green plants, other times it is full of color, especially in summer and fall.
- In The Garden: Creating a Mediterranean garden
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends
- In The Garden: Japanese-Themed Garden
- In The Garden: From garden to table
- In The Garden: Hydrangeas
- In The Garden: Tips to get your garden ready
- In The Garden: Adding 'living coral' to you garden
- In The Garden: Prepping your garden for fall