EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene police were busy dealing with illegal fireworks this Independence Day, receiving more calls than in recent years.
Dispatchers received 114 calls, more than the Fourth of July last year and more than in 2016 as well. Officers responded to 53 of those complaints.
Officers seized ten pounds of illegal fireworks, but no one received a citation.
- Illegal fireworks keep Eugene police busy on Fourth of July
- Eugene police holding illegal fireworks turn-in day
- First responders urge fireworks safety on Fourth of July
- Fireworks 2019: Where to celebrate Fourth of July
- Fireworks or fines? What to know for Fourth of July in Eugene and Springfield
- Eugene tightens fireworks rules
- Eugene Emeralds host Fireworks Night
- Creswell Fourth of July Parade draws thousands
- Firefighters urge caution on Fourth of July
- Thousands celebrate Fourth of July in Springfield