SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Ice caused two cars to crash on Marcola Road and Hayden Bridge Road in Springfield Wednesday morning, police said.
At around 5:30 a.m. police were investigating a crash after a car slid on the ice onto the sidewalk. The car sustained minor damage, and no one was injured.
About 15 minutes later, another car slipped on the ice in the same area, sliding down the road and causing a wreck. The car also had minor damage. Police administered a sobriety test, and police determined the driver was not under the influence. The driver was not injured in the crash.
After police finished their investigation, they called the Oregon Department of Transportation to sand down the road, and they put flares on the road to let drivers know to slow down.
- Icy road causes two crashes in Springfield
- Icy roads may cancel Springfield schools
- Drivers prepare for icy roads
- Icy roads prompt school delays
- Lebanon teen dies in crash on icy road outside Scio
- Tips for driving safely on icy roads
- Icy roads expected for Tuesday morning commute
- Concerns over icy conditions
- Springfield bond measure proposed to fix roads
- Road repair bond passing in Springfield