EUGENE, Ore. – Hundreds of veterans and their families participated in the 37th annual truffle shuffle Sunday afternoon.
The event took place at Alton Baker Park and included a 500-meter fun run for kids, a two-mile run and walk and a four mile run.
Saint Vincent DePaul is one of the sponsors of the event. The purpose of the truffle shuffle is raise is to funds for their Veterans’ programs.
Van Glass is a veteran himself. He said it he supports the Truffle Shuffle and the support extended to veterans.
“Coming back from the war or you know, conflict, it's difficult to adapt to an environment that's very different from a military environment,” he said. “ I think that is one of the areas where veterans really struggle to re-integrate back into society."
Those programs include Veteran’s Support Services for Veteran Families, Vet LIFT, Veterans in Progress and Veterans Housing Program.
Among the runners were dozens of Lane County veterans who received free registration to the event.
Once runners completed the race they got to indulge on a chocolate truffle.
- Hundreds participate in annual Truffle Shuffle
- Hundreds attend annual Tree Lighting Celebration
- Thousands participate in Eugene Marathon
- Hundreds gather for 12th annual Douglas County FFA convention
- Hundreds gather for Douglas County Annual Veteran's Day Parade
- Hundreds could strike tomorrow
- 'Christmas Parade Miracle' calling for participants
- Eugene schools participate in Mock Trial scrimmage
- Young adults participate in fire extinguisher training
- Corvallis firefighters participate in structure burn training