SUNRIVER, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say a camper on the Deschutes National Forest southwest of Bend discovered a partially decomposed body and foul play is suspected in the death.
KTVZ-TV reports Deschutes County sheriff's deputies were sent to the site Sunday west of Sunriver.
Sgt. William Bailey says deputies confirmed the human remains along a forest road. The Oregon State Police Crime Lab was called to help in the investigation and evidence recovery.
An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday at the Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office.
Bailey says the investigation is ongoing.
- Human remains found near Sunriver; foul play suspected
- Human remains found near Sunriver identified
- Human remains found in Roseburg
- Investigators don't suspect foul play in Creswell hot tub drowning
- Sunriver man, 63, drowns in Deschutes River
- Human remains found near Cottage Grove
- Sunriver police chief accused of striking officer resigns
- Ex-Sunriver chief convicted of harassment; fined $100
- Remains of Bellingham snowboarders found
- Douglas County Deputies need help identifying human remains