EUGENE, Ore. -- The Human Bean held the 13th annual Coffee for a Cure fundraiser on Friday.
The all-day event helps raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
Every year, The Human Bean donates all proceeds from a single day to breast cancer centers in our community.
Over the last 12 years, Coffee for a Cure has helped fund more than 1,600 mammograms for women in our area.
Last year, the coffee company raised more than $228,000.
Employee Riley Murdock said they look at the event as a way to honor those who have and are still battling the disease.
"Today is really special because it's basically honoring those who have had to fight breast cancer and who have had to go through grueling treatments, you know," Murdock said. "We are just respecting them today by donating 100 percent of our proceeds to them and having fun while doing it."
You can go to any of their locations until 9 p.m., buy some coffee and know your purchase will help fund breast cancer treatments and research.
- The Human Bean holds Coffee for a Cure fundraiser
- WellMama holds annual Blues to Cure the Blues fundraiser
- Human Bean breaks ground on second Eugene location
- Community holds fundraiser for local family
- Habitat for Humanity holds groundbreaking Saturday
- Springfield Police use bean bag bullets to take down man
- Firefighters take steps towards finding cancer cure
- Local nonprofit holds fundraiser for maternal mental health
- Springfield beauty schools holds fundraiser for student injured in explosion
- Greenhill Humane Society holds pet adoption event, promotion