SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- The Peace Health Sacred Heart Hospital Guild is making a big contribution to the Heartlfelt House.
The guild has pledged to donate $1 million in the next five years.
The house will be built on the Riverbend Hospital campus and will be used for families who have to stay at the hospital for long periods of time.
It will have 20 rooms – 10 for families of children and 10 for family members of adults.
The guild is made up of volunteers who work at the gift shops at both Sacred Heart campuses.
“We actually have people who come who have no connection with the hospital or somebody in the hospital,” said Cheri Brokaw, the president of the Sacred Heart Hospital Guild. “But they know we carry some really nice things: jewelry, home décor, in the spring and summertime we have yard décor. And so they’ll actually come to the hospital just to shop.”
The house is expected to be open by spring or early summer.
You can help out by shopping at the gift shops or by donating on their website.
- Guild pledges $1M for Heartfelt House at Riverbend Hospital campus
- Riverbend Hospital on lockdown; man in custody
- OHA: RiverBend Hospital broke nurse staffing rules
- Neighbors terrified by RiverBend homeless
- No one injured when two SUVs collide near Riverbend Hospital
- Therapy dogs spread holiday cheer at Riverbend Hospital
- Patient life-flighted to Riverbend after crash
- RiverBend Materials looking for skilled workers
- Harlem Globetrotters spread smiles by visiting children at Riverbend, YMCA