EUGENE, Ore. – After falling to UCLA in Matthew Knight Arena Friday night, Oregon women's basketball team rebounded with a 98 - 67 victory over USC.
Ruthy Hebard returned to the lineup after suffering a knee injury in the Civil War game on February 18th. Hebard finished the game with 13 points and 8 rebounds off the bench.
"It's always hard seeing someone you know undergoing injury and have to sit out," said Sabrina Ionescu. "But I think it was a great few minutes that she picked up and that she needed that and she's going to continue to get healthy and we'll have her next weekend."
Head coach Kelly Graves said, "She is such an important player and I think the most dominating player in the conference. and I think that gave everybody a lift. I can tell we were a little down and maybe feeling sorry for ourselves when she wasn't in there. But just goes to show you how important each and every player is, but especially Ruthy."
Forward Erin Boley also had a great game, recording 32 points while shooting (8-11) from beyond the three point arch.
Guard Ionescu also recorded her 17th career triple-double in the game with 13 points, 12 rebounds, and 13 assist.
Following the game, Oregon honored their two seniors, forward Oti Gildon and guard Maite Cazorla.
"They are the epitome of what a Duck is supposed to be and I love them," said Graves.
- Oregon bounces back in Ruthy Hebard's return
- Web Extra: Ruthy Hebard on returning to her hometown to play as a Duck (11/2/18)
- Web Extra: Sabrina Ionescu and Ruthy Hebard on Ionescu's record breaking game against Ole Miss (12/17/17)
- Web Extra: Lexi Bando and Ruthy Hebard after winning five games straight (12/9/17)
- Web Extra: Sabrina Ionescu and Ruthy Hebard after beating Long Beach State (12/2/18)
- Hebard, bench power Oregon past EWU
- Beavs bounce back against Cal
- Oregon bounces back with close win over UCLA
- With Hebard questionable, Ducks press on
- Ionescu, Hebard pave way past no. 18 Arizona St.