EUGENE, Ore. -- The holiday travel rush has begun but at the Eugene Airport on Saturday it was a lot more laid-back, putting travelers in a cheery mood with their loved ones greeting them when they land.
"It's great to be home for the holidays," said traveler Duke Bennett.
Unlike PDX or SeaTac you won't find long lines to check your bags or even get through security. Traveler Jeff DeGroot said it's that convenience that has him coming back to the Eugene Airport flight after flight
"We just flew in from Seattle and the airport was crazy, Degroot said. "Long lines at security....here it's just easy to go right to your luggage and get your bags. "
Roseburg resident Gordon Goodal who was picking up friends at the airport said it's not only convenient to fly in and out of Eugene, but when you add in the costs of traveling to a larger airport, it can even be cheaper.
"When you go to Portland or Seattle you have to do park and fly," Goodal said. "Here... I got lots of friends in the area, and they'll bring us to the airport."
With the Eugene Airport expected to add a nonstop flight to Chicago in June, travelers say they'll be using it even more.
To get the latest flight information, click here.
- Holiday travelers enjoy the convenience of Eugene Airport
- Eugene Airport shares holiday travel tips
- Eugene convenience store robbed
- OSU students enjoying convenience of Uber, Lyft
- Eugene Airport braces for busy summer travel
- Eugene Airport offers travel tips for Thanksgiving
- Travelers face rental car shortage at Eugene Airport
- Travelers, gas stations prepare for holiday travel
- Bounds enjoys rodeo homecoming in Eugene
- Two arrested for alleged assault at Eugene convenience store