Hillsboro, Ore. - A police dog named Billy who worked for the Hillsboro Police Department has died in a car accident while working with his handler.
The patrol car that Billy was riding in was struck by a car late Monday.
The human officer sustained only minor injuries but Billy suffered massive trauma and died.
The driver of the other car remained at the scene.
No citations have been issued at this point but the accident is under investigation.
- Hillsboro police dog dies after traffic wreck
- Hillsboro firefighter dies after tree falls on him while hunting
- Authorities investigating mass bird death in Hillsboro
- Man shot, killed by Hillsboro police in parking lot identified
- Hillsboro homeowner fires warning shot at burglar during second intrusion
- Lawsuit settled for Hillsboro student disciplined for pro-Trump shirt
- Man convicted of attacking a woman at knifepoint in Hillsboro
- Roseburg teen dies in fatal wreck in Dixonville
- One dies in three-vehicle wreck in Douglas County
- Starving dog left at Oregon shelter dies from emaciation