SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A local youth club wants you to help them give back to the homeless community.
Camp Fire Wilani is asking for people to donate new socks, gloves, toiletries, hand warmers, hats, snacks, toys and small games for children.
These items will be packed away in shoe boxes and distributed to Looking Glass, Shelter Care and the women and children of the Eugene Mission.
The "Stuff the Box!" event will take place on Monday, November 12 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Organizers said at this event, club members, volunteers and community partners from Shelter Care will stuff the boxes and talk about the impact of the project.
Elissa Kobrin, Executive Director of Camp Fire Wilani, said this event takes place on Veteran's Day and is a great way to serve the community.
Kobrin also said this event is close to her heart.
"To be able to instill in our youth and campfire that feeling of responsibility, that feeling of understanding the plight of others and being willing to give time and volunteerism, that's what's a big part for me," she said.
The event will take place at 380 Q Street in Springfield on the second floor conference room and anyone is welcome to attend.
For more information about the event and Camp Fire Wilani, click here.
- Help Camp Fire Wilani 'Stuff the Box!'
- Lane Fire Authority holds annual 'Stuff the Truck' event
- Stuff the Truck sees great turn out
- Oregon Drop Box Locator
- 'Stuff theTruck' drive collects donations to benefit community
- Stuff the Bus will break 104,000 pounds this weekend
- Volunteers assemble 1,400 Thanksgiving Meal Boxes
- Volunteers deliver 1,400 Thanksgiving Meal Boxes
- St. Vinnies hands out holiday food boxes