SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A crash on Beltline Road near Hutton Street caused heavy traffic Friday afternoon.
Police said shortly after noon a car was driving eastbound along Beltline when another car was in the process of crossing the intersection. They said the drivers in the two cars didn't see each other when they collided.
Police said the crash happened at a low speed, but because the cars hit at just the right angle, it caused one of the cars to flip.
Dave Pomeroy was in the area shortly after the crash happened. He said before police arrived on the scene, bystanders were helping to direct traffic. He said it is a good reminder to stay safe on the road.
"Pay attention and look out for the other guy because you never know what's going to happen," Pomeroy said.
Police said there were likely no injuries, but the woman driving the car that rolled over was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
- Heavy traffic on Beltline due to rollover crash in Springfield
- Rollover crash on Beltline causes traffic delays
- Beltline reopens after 6-vehicle crash
- Traffic Alert: Delta Highway, Beltline ramp closures
- 1 dead in rollover crash near Springfield
- Special Report: Rebuilding Beltline
- All lanes open after crash on Beltline
- One person injured after rollover crash in Springfield
- Car lands in field in rollover crash in Springfield
- Police: Driver ran off after crash on Beltline