BREAKING NEWS OHA reports 303 new coronavirus cases, 4 deaths Full Story

Heat lamp sparks fire inside Springfield home

They said it was caused by a heat lamp used to keep baby chickens warm.

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 10:45 AM

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Firefighters said a heat lamp is to blame for sparking a fire inside a Springfield home, causing thousands of dollars of damage.

It happened at a house off of E Street and 53rd Place Saturday night.

Eugene Springfield Fire said the residents were gone all day and when they returned home, their house was filled with smoke. That's when they found flames coming from a dresser in the back bedroom.

They got their dog outside and used a garden hose to partially extinguish the fire before crews arrived. Firefighter put the fire out completely. 

They said it was caused by a heat lamp used to keep baby chickens warm.

Firefighters said as we move into spring, they want to remind everyone to not use heat lamps indoors or near combustible products.

The home's damage is estimated at about $20,000.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 9636

Reported Deaths: 209
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah236169
Marion159547
Washington149120
Clackamas79524
Umatilla6674
Union3551
Lincoln3452
Deschutes2010
Lane1963
Malheur1601
Linn1569
Polk15412
Jackson1400
Yamhill1328
Jefferson1310
Klamath1251
Benton915
Hood River880
Wasco851
Morrow821
Clatsop490
Douglas450
Josephine441
Coos420
Columbia350
Lake200
Tillamook130
Crook120
Wallowa100
Curry80
Baker40
Sherman20
Grant10
Harney10
Gilliam00
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Clear
58° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 58°
° wxIcon
Hi: ° Lo: °
Feels Like: °
° wxIcon
Hi: ° Lo: °
Feels Like: °
° wxIcon
Hi: ° Lo: °
Feels Like: °
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events