SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Firefighters said a heat lamp is to blame for sparking a fire inside a Springfield home, causing thousands of dollars of damage.
It happened at a house off of E Street and 53rd Place Saturday night.
Eugene Springfield Fire said the residents were gone all day and when they returned home, their house was filled with smoke. That's when they found flames coming from a dresser in the back bedroom.
They got their dog outside and used a garden hose to partially extinguish the fire before crews arrived. Firefighter put the fire out completely.
They said it was caused by a heat lamp used to keep baby chickens warm.
Firefighters said as we move into spring, they want to remind everyone to not use heat lamps indoors or near combustible products.
The home's damage is estimated at about $20,000.
- Heat lamp sparks fire inside Springfield home
- Fire rips through Springfield home
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Fire damages three Springfield homes
- Springfield homes threatened by garage fire
- Fire damages group home in Springfield
- Fire damages mobile home in Springfield
- Springfield home damaged in early morning fire
- Small brush fire sparks near homes in Eugene
- Springfield fire under investigation