EUGENE, Ore. -- The city of Eugene has approved a contractor's request to let crews at Hayward Field work until midnight.
The company behind the project, Hoffman Construction, said they need to work at night to finish the project in time for the PAC-12 Championships in May.
The city will allow limited construction site noise starting at 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The city is allowing construction noise that reaches nearby homes to be under 60 decibels after 9 p.m.
In their noise variance request Hoffman Construction told the city they will prioritize noisier parts of work to happen prior to 8 p.m.
The extended working hours are part of an extra work shift for installing the roof columns, wood cladding and painting.
Neighbors can request the contractor's nighttime contact if there are any issues.
- Hayward Field construction work extends to midnight
- Hayward Field work could extend to midnight
- Hayward Field Construction Closures
- Extended construction hours at Hayward Field not bothering neighbors
- Crews start dismantling Hayward Field
- Prefontaine Classic relocated to Stanford as Hayward Field work continues
- UO announces massive renovation to Hayward Field
- Community reacts to Hayward Field renovation plans
- Board of Commissioners supports Hayward Field renovations
- Tinker Hatfield criticizes Hayward Field plans