EUGENE, Ore. -- Residents in Eugene have been noticing some strange signs going up in Eugene highlighting “landmark” successes in climate action that haven’t happened yet.
KEZI 9 News has heard about two so far, one in front of the Amtrak Station and the second in Amazon Park.
The signs are labeled as historic landmarks but reference a future date. They envision a future with less fossil fuels and more focus on global warming prevention.
"It was eye-catching that's for sure. I've been around the building looking at pictures of the history of Eugene a bit, and I thought it was just more of that," said Kathy Davis, who passed by a sign at the Amtrak Station.
One poster on Reddit shared a picture of one of the signs at Amazon Park, claiming that in 2020, the Amazon neighborhood created a solar farm to provide power in the area.
Then, on Tuesday, a Reddit user posted about a similar “Historic Landmark” sign near Amtrak. The picture shows a sign that says in 2025, train travel surpassed air travel after nationwide boycotts.
If you’ve seen a sign like these, let us know where and when in the comments below.
- Have you seen these signs?
- Rueck signs contract extension through 2027
- Trump, Kim Jong Un sign 'historic document'
- Historic Hayward Field sign taken down
- Gov. Kate Brown signs offshore drilling ban
- LBCC holds annual CTE signing day
- Gov. Brown signs Holocaust education bill
- California governor signs bills limiting vaccine exemptions
- Marist High School track star signs with Oregon
- People may need to sign up for emergency alert systems