JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- A man accused of attacking another man with a hatchet near an illegal campsite in Corvallis was arrested on attempted murder charges Tuesday night.
The assault was reported on Sept. 19, and Corvallis Police responded to Pioneer Park, 1300 SW Philomath Blvd.
After investigating the assault, officers identified Eugene White, 24, as a suspect and they filed a probable cause affidavit in support of an arrest warrant.
Then on Sept. 24, Corvallis detectives along with Junction City Police identified White when he was walking along the 1700 block of Pacific Highway.
After arresting White, police took him back to Corvallis.
White is lodged at the Benton County Jail and his bail is set at $59,500.
- Hatchet assault suspect arrested in Junction City
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City man arrested on fugitive charges
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Police investigating after hatchet attack in Corvallis
- Junction City teen found murdered in Idaho; 3 arrested
- Two arrested in multi-agency operation in Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident