Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: The suspect accused of an hours-long armed standoff overnight in Saginaw has been identified as Robert Goldberg, 58, according to the Lane County Sheriff's Office.
Goldberg is charged with menacing, unlawful use of a weapon, and resisting arrest.
SAGINAW, Ore. -- A man came outside a residence with a gun and pointed it at someone Thursday evening, the Lane County Sheriff's Office said.
Investigators said the incident happened around 9 p.m. on I Street close to Highway 99.
The gunman retreated back inside the residence, officials told KEZI 9 News. Neighbors called 911, and deputies rushed to the scene.
Law enforcement officials on scene said the man barricaded himself inside the residence. They said they didn't believe anyone else was inside.
The standoff was still ongoing at 3 a.m.
KEZI 9 News reporter Jessica Babb was on scene gathering information. At approximately 3:15 a.m., she reported hearing officials saying over a loud speaker, "Leave your apartment slowly with your hands up in the air."
The standoff ended around 4:30 a.m. with a suspect being taken into custody.
- Armed standoff stretches into early morning hours in Saginaw
- Armed standoff in Florence ends
- Fire destroys Whitsell mill in Saginaw
- Crews fully contain Saginaw mill fire
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Roseburg man arrested after armed standoff
- One person killed in Highway 99 crash south of Saginaw
- Suspect arrested after hours-long SWAT standoff in Eugene
- Police draw out, arrest man after four-hour standoff
- Mistrial declared in armed standoff case at Bundy ranch