WILSONVILLE, Ore. --- Authorities say a man who was recently fired from a specialty foods store entered the business and fatally shot a manager there.
Camilo Santiago-Santiago, of Woodburn, was arrested on Friday morning after a standoff with police and faces charges of murder and being a felon in possession of a firearm. It wasn't clear if Santiago had an attorney yet.
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office says 36-year-old Carl Hellinger, of Portland, died at the scene after being shot multiple times with a handgun.
KEZI 9 News has learned that Hellinger was a manager at Heritage Specialty Foods in Wilsonville.
Authorities say Santiago had recently been fired from the store.
Officials say he fled after the shooting but surrendered a short time later in Woodburn after being surrounded by law enforcement.
- Grocery manager fatally shot, police arrest fired worker
- Grocery store workers' union, employers battle over higher wages
- Portland police make arrest in fatal shooting
- Oregon police identify two Cave Junction men fatally shot
- Water district manager arrested for alleged embezzlement
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Boy, 17, fatally shot in Salem
- Man found fatally shot in Keizer home
- Lebanon city manager resigns
- Eugene city manager retiring