EUGENE, Ore. -- Greenhill Humane Society hosted their 26th annual Bark in the Park. They raised over $100,000 dollars and hosted over 600 dogs.
Bark in the Park is Greenhill's biggest fundraising event and Megan Bresovar, Greenhill’s engagement manager, says this year was the biggest it has been since it started.
“It started out as just a run around Greenhill road now it’s this wonderful, exciting event,” said Bresovar.
So far they've reached almost $88,000 and are still fundraising to reach $100,000.
She says all the money from the event goes directly to the animals and all works to help them get what they need so they can find living homes for them.
She also says they could not do the work they do without all their generous donors.
"We are so lucky there were so many local businesses that reached out to us this year to be supportive to be vendors as well as sponsors so we’re really lucky it’s bigger than it’s ever been and we’re going to keep it going.”
Bresovar says that come Monday they will already start preparing for next year and they invite the whole community to come out.
- Greenhill hosts 26th annual Bark in the Park
- Registration open for Greenhill's Bark in the Park fundraiser
- Greenhill Humane Society hosts annual Kitten Shower
- Springfield Police hosts 26th annual K9 competition
- Greenhill hosts groundbreaking ceremony for expansion project
- Hundreds attend Bark in the Park
- Adoption fees waived at Greenhill Humane Society
- Greenhill Humane Society to begin construction
- Greenhill Humane Society making progress on renovation
- Bark to the Future: Celebrating the 'Year of the Dog'