EUGENE, Ore. -- One lucky Great Rotary Raffle participant drove off with a 2017 Hyundai Sonata Friday.
Ryan McKillop was the lucky winner this year. While he is not a Rotary Club member, he said he’s always been a supporter of the Great Rotary Raffle and has purchased tickets for the past few years.
This year McKillop purchased 25 tickets and hit the jackpot. The lucky number was the 25th ticket.
Although he is very excited, he said the biggest reward is contributing to the benefiting agencies.
"They support great organizations and I support all those things and my wife and I we are happy to give and support," said McKillop. "You don't really go into it thinking you are going to win and it just worked out that we got lucky."
He said he will continue supporting the Great Rotary Raffle in the coming years.
The money raised from the raffle goes towards agencies working to prevent child abuse. This year the agencies benefiting included Bridgeway House, CASA, The Child Center, Family Relief Nursery, and Parenting Now!
- Great Rotary Raffle awards grand prize to winner
- Great Rotary Raffle announces winners
- 30th annual Great Rotary Duck Race winners announced
- Annual Great Rotary Duck Race kicks off 30th year
- Organizers announce 20 Under 40 award winners
- Oregon youth softball program to raffle AR-15-style gun
- Aretha Franklin earns posthumous Pulitzer Prize
- Rotary Clubs suspend 2019 Duck Race; future uncertain
- For the first time, mathematics' most prestigious prize has been awarded to a woman, Karen Uhlenbeck
- Oscars winners 2019: See the full list of winners