CRESWELL, Ore. -- A Eugene man is accused of murder in the death of his grandmother, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office said.
James Holt, 44, is in Lane County Jail on charges of murder, first-degree robbery and first-degree burglary. Sally Baldwin, 87, died in the hospital April 21 due to injuries from an assault about two weeks before.
Sgt. Carrie Carver said deputies responded to the 82800 block of Brookhurst Street in Creswell just before 10 p.m. on April 5, and Baldwin was taken to the hospital with significant injuries.
Holt was a person of interest in the case and was arrested on an unrelated warrant. He has been in custody since April 9.
The Lane County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled Baldwin’s death a homicide, and on Monday, detectives submitted paperwork supporting charging Holt with murder, robbery and burglary.
- Grandson accused of murder after 87-year-old dies in hospital
- Grandson suspected in grandfather's death
- Coos Bay man killed, grandson held as suspect
- Grandmother, grandson stop in Eugene on viral national park tour
- Video shows woman getting kicked off a bus with 1-year-old grandson
- Springfield teenager accused of attempted murder
- Florence man accused of murdering mother
- Florence hospital patient dies while in police custody
- Inmate from Medford dies in hospital near eastern Oregon prison
- Mental health hospital worker accused of patient sex abuse