CULVER, Ore. – Evacuees are able to return home after two days with no new growth on the Graham Fire in Central Oregon.
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office lowered the evacuation advisory to Level 1 on Monday, meaning residents should still be ready to leave just in case.
The wildfire has burned 2,175 acres and is 65 percent contained.
Crews are working to strengthen the fire lines and mop up hot spots. They’re also using heat seeking cameras with infra-red technology to find where heat is hiding below the ground.
Officials held a meeting Sunday night in Culver, where 75 residents were able to learn about the firefighters’ efforts.
- Graham Fire evacuees able to return home
- Lane County firefighters return home from Garner Complex Fire
- All Oregon firefighters return home from California
- Daughter of famous wandering wolf returns home
- Copper returns home, makes great progress
- Cat returns home after 6 years missing
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Fire rips through Springfield home
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Springfield home destroyed by fire