JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- Junction City Police are looking for a man who tried to abduct a girl Wednesday night as she was walking home.
KEZI spoke with Brandy Maxwell, the mother of the girl who was almost abducted.
She said she is thankful her 8-year-old daughter is safe but said she feels uncomfortable living in her neighborhood.
Maxwell said the incident happened around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday near the intersection of West 10th Avenue and Oak Street.
She said a man started running towards her daughter as she was walking from a friend's house which was just a block away from home. Maxwell said the man grabbed her daughter's arm, but she was able to get away by biting his hand. She said as her daughter was running home, the man stopped at a stop sign near their home and said he was going to get her next time.
KEZI spoke with one neighbor who said he is surprised it happened so close to home.
"It is our neighborhood which makes the world seem a lot smaller,” said Jesse Whiteaker. “You wouldn't think like something like this would happen in our neighborhood. But then it does, and it just makes you think that it could happen anywhere. The world is in a troubled place."
Police described the suspect as a black man in his late teens to early twenties with short black curly hair, approximately 6-feet tall, with a slender build.
If you have any information on the investigation you are advised to contact the Junction City Police at 541-998-1245.
- Girl escapes attempted abduction
- Siuslaw School District issues warning after attempted abduction
- Police: Teen almost abducted by stranger
- Woman nearly abducted from Alton Baker Park
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Man Accused of Trying to Abduct Girls
- Arrest warrant issued for man accused of trying to abduct girls
- Lebanon family escapes house fire
- A man bought $540 in cookies so these Girl Scouts could escape the cold
- Eugene Police seek tips on attempted carjacking, attempted kidnapping incidents
- Father reunited with his toddler after he saw her get abducted from their driveway