No gas leak at Lane Community College

Around 4:30 Monday morning, emergency responders were called to LCC's campus on East 30th Avenue for reports of a gas leak.

Posted: Jan. 21, 2019 5:24 AM
Updated: Jan. 21, 2019 10:30 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Reports of a gas leak at Lane Community College Monday morning turned out to be a paint spray booth door that had been left open over the weekend, school officials said.

LCC said a heater was creating a smell of combusted gas, but Northwest Natural said it didn't find any unsafe levels of natural gas on scene. 

The call for emergency officials came in at 4:27 a.m. 

Article Comments

Eugene
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 70° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 54°
Corvallis
Clear
53° wxIcon
Hi: 70° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 53°
Roseburg
Clear
60° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 60°
North Bend
Overcast
52° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 52°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events

 

 

 

 Ask the Banker 

  Enter Contests