ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The Roseburg Fire Department was dispatched to a natural cover fire at NE Bellview Court at Stephens Street Monday evening.
Firefighters were dispatched at 5:25 p.m. They arrived on scene to find a three-acre, fast-moving grass fire on Reservoir Hill.
Firefighters from the Roseburg Fire Department, Douglas Forest Protective Association, and Douglas County Fire District #2 quickly extinguished the fire, halting the spread to nearby structures located at the top of the hill and limiting the area of the burn to approximately four acres.
The fire department would like to remind everyone that higher temperatures are expected later this week and fire danger is still extremely high. They urge residents to remember that even a small fire can quickly get out of control.
- Firefighters put out grass fire on Reservoir Hill in Roseburg
- Two fires burn near Ben Irving Reservoir
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Lebanon
- Crews put out brush fire near homeless camp in Roseburg
- Roseburg superintendent put on leave, expected to be fired
- Roseburg Firefighters raise funds for cancer research
- Terwilliger Fire nearly triples in size near Cougar Reservoir
- Algae blooms prompt advisory for Dorena Reservoir
- Man drowns at Fern Ridge Reservoir
- Police help put out fire after firefighters ambushed in Springfield