EUGENE, Ore. – A memorial is growing north of Cottage Grove for a young man who was killed in a car crash Thursday night.
Dillon Privitt, 22, was killed in a two-car accident on Hwy. 99 south of Saginaw. The other driver was injured but is expected to survive.
Two people who knew Privitt placed a small memorial near the crash site Friday afternoon.
Leslie Cummings says she’s known Privitt, whose nickname was Tank, since he was 15.
“He was a really good kid,” Cummings said. “I just can't say enough. It’s really sad. We'll miss him."
Cummings says she's known others who have been killed on Hwy. 99 -- and she hopes things can change.
- Friends leave memorial for accident victim
- Fisherman's Memorial needs repairs after driving accident
- UPDATE: Victim ID'd in Florence boating accident
- Friends say shooting victim was killed by Eugene resident
- Tribute to Fallen Soldiers Memorial Torch Ride leaves from Eugene
- Hillary Clinton tells friends she's leaving 2020 door open
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Cancer survivor organizes My Breast Friends 5K
- Missing Mapleton man has contacted family, friends
- EXCLUSIVE: Friend of Charles Landeros speaks out