EUGENE, Ore. -- Starting July 8 Franklin Boulevard will be closed overnight between Onyx and Agate streets as crews complete the Knight Campus Sky Bridge.
The bridge is mainly made up of a structural steel frame that uses two butterfly arches and suspension cables.
For more information, click here.
Crews from multiple labor trades are working on the 14-feet wide, 190-feet long structure that is scheduled to be completed by Labor Day.
Overnight closures will take place while crews complete work on the bridge for the new Phil and Penny Knight Campus.
The bridge and the new campus building are funded by a $500 million gift from Penny and Phil Knight and $70 million in state funds.
The Phil and Penny Knight Campus is set to open in 2020.
- Franklin Boulevard closed due to construction at University of Oregon
- Eugene starts Franklin Boulevard redesign
- Changes coming to Franklin Boulevard in Eugene
- City to reveal new Franklin Boulevard design
- City presents plans to improve Franklin Boulevard
- University of Oregon construction site flooded
- Oregon school closes due to flu outbreak
- Basketball player sues the University of Oregon
- Oregon State University professor will appeal termination
- Osprey lays eggs at University of Oregon