Photo Gallery 1 Images
COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A former Springfield teacher is facing charges after deputies said she had sex with a minor in 2016.
On December 12, it was reported to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office that a female teacher had a "sexually intimate relationship" with a former student who was a minor.
Investigators said Andrea Nicole Baber was a teacher at Logos Christian Academy in Springfield. They said she had sex with a 15-year-old student on a regular basis in 2016 and had given the teen marijuana.
A search warrant was served at Baber's home on Territorial Highway in Cottage Grove on December 15. Detectives said they found substantial evidence.
Police said Baber was not home at the time of the search. When she arrived home she contacted authorities and they arrived to detain her.
Police are unable to give out too much information at this time, as the investigation is still ongoing.
”To openly discuss a case that hasn’t even really gotten to court yet makes it difficult, and you’re dealing with issues with a minor," said Lt. Merrifield of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Baber was arrested and booked into the Douglas County Jail on December 15 on charges of sodomy, rape, contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor, online sexual corruption of a child, and unlawful delivery of a marijuana to a person under 18.
- Former Springfield teacher accused of rape
- Springfield man accused of raping and strangling woman
- Springfield police arrest rape suspect in Eugene
- Eugene-Springfield paramedic arrested on rape charges
- UPDATE: Springfield Teacher Arrested for DUII
- Springfield Public Schools starts recruiting teachers
- Deputy accused of rape arraigned in court
- Roseburg man accused of raping teenage girl
- Paramedic accused of rape facing more charges
- Albany man accused of raping underage teen